Friday, August 31, 2012

Last night we should have eaten at home....

That's what I've been telling myself while I tear a little while sitting on the throne ;( I haven't been this regular.. in a long while!

Last night I was going to cook some Japanese pork curry but decided to have some red meat instead as I've been feeling a bit tired..

So, we went to Texas Longhorn which is just 10mins walk from our street

We ordered the nachos with 2 sauce to share and I ordered the ladies 200g ribeye steak while S ordered the ribs.

Nachos was a bit disappointing with a bland and watery salsa sauce but the cheese sauce was quite lovely although tasted nothing like cheese..

When I was about to tuck into my main, S came back with a bottle of hot sauce and promptly pour some into his little bucket of coleslaw. Took a dip of chip in there while saying he's been warned it's quite hot. He took a bite and coughed a little and gulped down his diet coke.

Smirking, I grabbed his chip, dipped it into the sauce, took a bite and thought... "Smokey but bitter.. Not sure if I like it." So, I took another chip and plonked deeper into the sauce and took a bigger bite..

Then the burning sensation hit.. Really hard. I thought I was on fire, I had tears in my eyes, my nose was running like a waterfall, my ears were ringing and my heart was palpating so hard I thought it was trying to run out of my chest.

Had to yell at S to go get me loads of ice cubes.. NOW! ..  All while hurriedly fanning my mouth and taking huge gulp of my lukewarm water and trying to suck on the last remaining ice in his mug..

Was the most painful 5 mins of my life!! Omg!! They should have a warning sign advising old people and young kids or people with heart problem to stay away!

To make matter worse, one of S's friend was there and laughed at me and decided to have a taste.. And like me, first bite, he was smirking... And decided with a 2nd bite.. And I think he nearly died where he was standing ;p

I was bad as I was mouth washing with the mug of ice cold water which helped tremendously!.. Whoops

My heart was still beating so fast after 40mins and my tummy has been very unhappy with me since then. Needless to say I think both S and I were really happy we have 2 bathrooms in the apartment ;p

We got a message from him today saying he's lost count on how many times he has been to the bathroom.. I don't feel that bad afterall... ;)

Quite a few customers on a Thursday night
Nachos were.. hmm.. so so... for 90KR the salsa sauce was bland, some of the nachos were not fried properly.. The cheese sauce was not too bad though..


My complimentary entree..  some tomatoes and cucumbers and lettuce with sour cream sauce and onions and chives..  Was quite tasty!
S's ribs and fries..  I didn't tried much as I was too busy trying to survive my ordeal.. ;(
My ribeye KR240 - Corn on the cob was the frozen variety, loads of butter in my mash potato which made it yummy.. but the rib eye was... really way too oily and so much fat for my liking ;(
The sauce did say 'Stark' as in Strong.. but seriously.. should have a MUCH BIGGER warning label! I'll never forget this sauce.. Ever!

Now, please excuse me while I return back to my throne ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment