Lovely place.. so peaceful and quiet... and it snowed as well.. but there were lots of sunshine.... Love their new built house =)
We brought battered up ice cream (for deep fried ice cream!).. Imagine how panicky we were, as they need to be seriously frozen before you can deep fry them!
As I was asked to provide a recipe... Here we go! I hope it makes sense...
I've only made this once before, probably over 10 years ago, so, this has been a while!
To make my version of deep ice cream, these are the ingredients:
- 2 Litres of vanilla ice cream (make sure they are good quality)
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 cups of water
- 1 egg
- breadcrumbs/biscuits crumbs (I used marie biscuits)
- dessicated coconut
- pinch of sugar
- vegetable oil for deep frying
|Scooping them into balls of ice cream. Check out some of my ingredients in the background! ;)|
|Make sure you line whatever you use with baking paper as my ice cream got stuck onto that chopping board =P|
|Finished rolling your ice cream and have left over ice cream? No fear, just dump them into your root beer.. and voila.. you'll get root beer float.. *burps*|
|A little bit of this and that on my plate. My favourite was this sauce for the salmon. It's a creamy sauce with dill, salmon roe and little shrimps. Was so yummy, I could drink it.. =)|
|Then we start deep frying the solidly frozen ice cream, one at a time|
3 ways of knowing when oil is hot enough:
- Once the oil starts bubbling, use a wooden spoon/chopstick, dip into the oil and if the oil bubbles quickly, it's hot enough. But, if very few bubbles pop up, it's not hot enough. Just wait for a tad longer
- Drop a kernel of popcorn into the oil as you heat it. Once the temperature is around 350 - 360 degrees, the kernel will pop! Time to start some deep frying!
- Drop a cube of bread into the oil, if it rises straight to the surface, it's ready!
|Voila! Nice and golden brown on the outside, it should still be frozen in the inside. Serve this with syrup. We used pancake syrup and everyone seems to love it! =) You can serve them with fresh cut fruits as well..|
There were also a lovely and moist carrot cake with cream frosting at the top for dessert.. yumm! but this post is about the deep fried ice cream.. so, here you go!! =)
p/s Don't forget to do at least 100 push ups straight after ;)