Sunday, July 8, 2012

My little fascinator for a friend's wedding

Don't mind me mucking around.. but I just realised I can't find a close up picture of my fascinator... This has to be the closest one I guess.

Made from sinamay.  The base is handblocked with 3 layers of sinamay (2 pink and one black) and stiffened.. unfortunately, it came out looking kind of grey??  but it ended up looking pretty OK with my dress for the evening.  Handstitched a black line of sinamay at the top and attached another strip of sinamay so it looked like a bow on to the top and finished with a sparkling rhinestone button at the very top.

I've lined the inside with black dupion silk and wired around the edge and finished it off with black petersham ribbon.  A plastic comb and black elastic band is also sewn underneath so, it's double secure sitting on my head.  No fear if it's a windy day! =)  The whole thing has been handstitched by hand.

Walking around Helsingborg city centre with it on was fun.  A old lady near the station got excited and pointed at my hat and her head which freaked me out a little as I think she was homeless.  But she liked my hat =P

Smooches for you and me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment