Wednesday, April 23, 2014

High School Reunion...

Well... I can't believe it's been that long.  From getting annoying reminders on FaceBook asking us to RSVP and more reminders to pay up for the BIG reunion.

Yep!  The big 2 0 years reunion.  I can't believe it's been 20 years since I left high school.  Has it really been that long?  Really?  Boy!  Do I feel old.

But seriously, who keep track of such things.  All I remembered from my teenage years were lots of anger, confusion and can't wait to grow up and leave the hell hole of a school..  Although there's some fun and happy moments in there with some friends.  Some teachers were really sweet too.  I still haven't forgotten while studying at uni, I was selling tickets at the Convention Centre in the 1st year of the Sex Expo.  Who would rock up to my ticket booth but none other than my biology teacher and his lady friend.  I didn't think his face could go any redder.  Good thing we all had a laugh ;)

But seriously, why would I want to meet up with a bunch of people from high school whom I never bother keeping in touch with nor wanting to see ever again.  True, we add each other on FaceBook, checked (a.k.a. stalked) each other's pictures out, nosing around, seeing how well their lives are compared to ours.

The bitch who made my life hell in high school..  Looking slightly wrinkly and orangey there aren't we?  Old crushes?  Best to leave them all behind.  After all, those that I consider close, I still keep in contact with, albeit barely.  We all grew up, got married and have our own family now and of course, through the years, make new friends and slowly, losing contact with old.  It is sad, but hey!  This is life.

Looking through some pictures, some have aged well, and did well with their lives.  Others, have aged quite badly or trying to reverse their aging with interesting consequences and.. let's not forget the pictures with all the children.  Everyone's goddamn FaceBook page has some sort of picture of their child or children..

So, would you attend your high school reunion?  I missed the 10th year, and definitely wouldn't be interested in the 20th...  I'm not really that curious on what everyone have been up to for the last 20 years and how well they have done in the last 20 years compared to mine.  No,  no, no... So, C'est La Vie!

p/s Whoops, my bad.  I think I have just let the cat out from the bag about my age.  Ahh well.. ;)

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment