Wednesday, September 18, 2013

El Diablo - Restaurant & Cocktail Bar

Bookatable has a special at El Diablo until around October... - 3 courses for 299KR (you get to pick from a choice of 2) so, we decided to give this place a go and made last Saturday a date night for us =)  I was told it's Latin American food, but to be honest, I'm not so sure it's Latin American as they do use seasonal Swedish ingredients in their food.

El Diablo

Norra Agnegatan 43, 
112 29 Stockholm

El Diablo is a restaurant as well as a cocktail bar and apparently they are well known for their 100% Agave Tequila.

El Diablo - The Devil!

The earliest booking we could find was at 8.30pm slot on a Saturday night.  We caught the bus and walked about 10 minutes before we reached our destination.  By then, I was feeling quite hungry. Unfortunately, the restaurant was packed and was still extremely busy.

The restaurant was dimly lit.  The service, like any typical Swedish restaurants was extremely slow.  It took them nearly 10 minutes to hand us our menu (they have both Swedish or English Menu) and of course another 10 - 15 minutes (with me frantically waving my hand to catch their attention) before they finally took our order.

A little candle to brighten up our food =)

Surprisingly, the food came out pretty quick after we have ordered.  Firstly, the bread..  Oh My! Definitely worth waiting for.  That's one thing that I love about bread and butter here in Sweden. Always tasty and butter is always so creamy!

2 of everything.  2 pieces of crispbread (yum!), 2 little loaf of bread (with nuts and so heavenly), 2 diff types of butter (normal and basil butter - utterly creamy and divine) and some prawn pickled salad thingie in little white cups)

After we have polished every crumb and licked our butter knife, the platter was removed and our entree arrived pretty soon after.  S and myself ordered different entrees.  He went for the fish while I went for the chanterelle and we both enjoyed our entrees! =)

Cheek of Monkfish - with saffron/chill-air and dill cucumber (S seemed to have really enjoyed this)

Hjort - Pickled chanterelle with goat cheese creme and chanterelle creme with cloudberries.  There's some other pickles on the plate as well

The chanterelle creme looks like little 'poop' hehe.. sorry =(  but they were delicious!  I promise!

Straight after our entree, it was cleared and a few minutes later, our main was presented to us.  I was quite happy as food were just flying out as we eat!

BBQ Pork - Porkside (they should have used pork belly ..) with BBQ sauce, bourbon glace with roasted corn creme and cob of corn and cabbage

The pork was ....  well..  I still can't make up my mind if I really enjoyed it.  It's a huge chunk of meat but the skin wasn't crispy unfortunately..  and the meat was too salty for my liking.  I enjoyed the corn creme more and ended up with still half a pork left.. =(

Then it was back to waiting and waiting for our dessert.  It was a choice between chocolate fondant or creme brulee and we both ordered the creme brulee!

Creme brulee with blackcurrant sorbet (there's blackcurrant chips sprinkled on top of the sorbet as well)

The verdict???

OMG!  So good.. I polished mine all up!  *burps*  So did S ;)

Love the food.  We got to sit in a little corner, so perfect for date night.  You should really try their tequila, but unfortunately I can't and don't drink =(  Would definitely return when they have more specials =)

Until then...  Have a lovely week!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment