Saturday, March 31, 2012

Is it spring yet?

Today, the sun was shining oh so brightly... and since I've been home and haven't ventured out for the last few days, I thought, gee, what a lovely day for a walk today...  Beautiful spring day in Stockholm, right?

So, I decided to do a little walk to a friend's house which my GPS on iPhone is telling me only take 8 minutes to walk.  Weird, as it also shows public transport takes about 12 minutes.

So, at approximately 5.27pm, I wore a pair of jeans, a short sleeve top, and after a second thought, threw on a thin cardigan and to top it off a goose down vest.  Wore my favourite winter boots and decided to throw a scarf on at the last minute.

Hoping I wouldn't look ridiculous and that it wouldn't be too warm with my gear, I ventured outside.  Hmm..  Sun is shining really brightly.  Walked a block down, and noticed most people walking past were bundled up snugly.  Hat and gloves were on.

Then, the wind hit.  It was bone chilling and instantly cut through my thin cardigan.  I hesitate a moment, but continued my journey..  Afterall it's supposed to be just freaking 8 minutes walk...

Walked and stopped a couple of times at apartment doorways, trying to adjust my scarf and keep my neck and ears warm.  Walked a bit more, and made some turnings and had to duck into one of the retro shop as I was freezing and shivering from the piercingly cold wind.  Wandered for about 5 minutes to keep my blood circulating and decided to continue my journey, which didn't last long.  Again, I had to duck into Coop this time, just to purchase a bag of Lindt chocolate as a 'visiting' gift. (That's the asian in me again where we have to bring something when visiting people's houses)

OMG... The next 15 or so minutes walking ...  was...  a.... torture....  I was so cold and a headache was developing as my ears and head were stinging, and not to mention my hands which I tried keeping warm in my pockets, they were turning a raw red!

Thankfully, I finally arrived at my friend's apartment just after 6pm.  Yep!  The walk took over 1/2 hour!

Thankfully the apartment was warm and the hospitality amazing.  Their place is looking amazing after a facelift!  After a lovely meal, and lots of chit chats, and watching the movie 'limitless', I took the bus home!

Here's a photo I took at their place..  surprisingly it's not food this time ;)

Size matters not...  Look at me.  Judge me by my size, do you?

Enjoying the sunshine, away from the chilling wind... Ahhhh... 

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment