Thursday, December 4, 2014

Brunching at Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery, Singapore

After having rice or noodles practically for every meal... (Hey! I found a joint selling $2.50 for rice, 2 vegetable and 1 meat serving... Imagine $2.50 for each meal!! hmph!), it's quite refreshing to pop over here for brunch.

I saw this on one of the meetups, but unfortunately, I was only always on the waiting list...  So, when S's cuz suggested this place for brunch, I was all too happy to oblige!

You really need to book as the place fills up pretty quick.  We had a 1pm booking, so, I was there 5 mins to 1pm.. and waited... and waited...

Where is that girl!!?  Turned out, she was chatting or being chatted up by some hot guy trying to sell her face cream! hmm... I guess we know what he's trying to put on her face.. ;)

ok ok.. enough with the crude joke.. We are here to talk about food!

Anyway, while waiting for her, I kept flicking the menu back and front, back and front, trying to figure out what I wanted, while looking around...

The menu is actually quite impressive and everything on there sounds mouth watering.  There's all day breakfast with a range of sweet and savoury dishes, salad, sandwiches, meat and fish dishes.  Food from NY, Scandinavian, English, Aussie, Parisian etc..  Guess everything to keep everyone happy! ;)

I finally decided to choose between a naughty or a nice (ish) dish..  A toss between Curly Kale Caesar Salad (poached eggs, crispy prosciutto, white anchovies, shaved parmesan, dried cranberries, pine nuts, garlic brioche , croutons crispy sweet potato ribbons & anchovy lemon dressing) or the Vegetarian Portobello Road

We were seated in the corner, and I had a good view of the workers busy clearing and picking up order from the kitchen
Very festive cheer!
Jeez.. We are all seated very close to each other.. I feel like this is a speed dating set up! hehe... You can seriously hear your neighbour's conversation, and vice versa!
Interesting.. The food comes out and sits for a few seconds under those lights before being whizzed off by the busy waiters
I'm so hungry, I'm just staring at my cutleries...
Thankfully, she finally arrived, looking so happy!  20 minutes after!!  

Started with a mocktail - Mandarin Wilderness:  Ice blended raspberry, mandarin orange, banana and honey, $7..  Not too sweet and definitely an eye pleaser!  Great for the weather
Voila!!  Portobello Road:  Poached eggs, portobello mushrooms, wilted spinach, onion & bell pepper confit smothered with hollandaise sauce (that's the naughty part!) on wholemeal brioche (seriously, damn good!  There's oats and pine nuts in there), $24 ..  Looks really pretty!  
At the top is I Love NY:  creamy scrambled eggs with smoked sturgeon, smoked salmon, caramelised onions with toasted sesame bagel & herbed creamed cheese, $24
Just to be on the safe side.. I gave it the good poached egg prick with my knife.. and guess what came oozing out!!  YUMMMY OOOOZING EGG YOLK!!!  I was sooo happy!  

I had to say, was such a lovely meal.. I gobbled up everything on my plate.. Will definitely be back to try the rest of the menu..

Happy Eating!!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment