Monday, September 12, 2011

Fathers and their children in Sweden

At 3pm this afternoon, I took a walk down my street to the grocery store and guess what I saw?  2 men with 4 little kids in tow.  3 kids under the age of 6 and a baby in one of their arms while the other man was pushing the pram.

I'm not sure if they were partners or just friends out and about with their kids.  To be honest, I see babies everywhere here in Stockholm.  Not just with their mothers but with their fathers (I'm talking about afternoons during the weekdays)  This is pretty much the norm here in Stockholm.  I tend to see fathers out and about in the afternoon, with their babies in the prams.  Instead of mothers group, I presume these are fathers group.

Sweden's paternity leave is one of the best in the world, not surprisingly as their tax is extremely high.  With the standard of living here so good I'm pretty sure the work force here is much less stressful compared to the rest of the world.  Less stress = more time for acrobatics in the bedroom.  Work, Life, Balance..  That's Sweden for you...

p/s  Sweden also has one of the highest divorce rate in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment